Nature Of The Course
The USPA Coach Course is the first step in becoming a skydiving instructor and is the prerequisite for all other USPA instructional ratings such as AFF, Tandem and IAD/SL Instructor.
This course teaches candidates effective methods on how to communicate and train students on the ground and in the air. Candidates learn to apply these methods to certain portions of the USPA Integrated Student Program; the non-method specific portions of the skydiving first jump course and group freefall skills in categories F-H.
This course typically takes 3-4 days to complete, depending on the number of candidates and weather restraints.
A Candidate may sign up for the USPA Coach Course if they have met the following requirements:
- Are a current USPA Member.
- Hold a USPA B-license.
- Have completed 100 skydives.
Prior To The Course
To prepare for the course, each Candidate must have:
- A current copy (no older than 2 years) of the USPA SIM and IRM, which can either be purchased here or downloaded here.
- Assisted in one complete first jump course.
- Completed the open book USPA Coach Exam, which is located in the back of the IRM.
- Filled in the Coach Proficiency Card (info & prerequisite portions signed by an appropriately rated instructor), which is located in the back of the IRM or can be downloaded here.
- Studied the Coach section of the IRM.
- Studied Category A (Solo General Section) and Categories F-H (except canopy drills) of the SIM.
During the Course
The Candidate will be evaluated on their:
- Ability to teach the general sections of the first-jump course.
- Ability to teach all freefall portions of Categories F-H.
- Two air evaluation jumps (Category G1 and G2).
- Debriefing skills.
Candidates should arrive to the course with all above listed documents in hand. The course will start at 09:00 am on the first day with verification of requirements.
During the course, each candidate must earn score of “satisfactory” on the teaching sections and the two in-air evaluation jumps. As well, a minimum score of 80% is required on the coach exam.
Have a look at our Calendar for scheduled courses or take a look at our Facebook page for course events.
To sign up for a course, please register using our Course Registration Form. Upon registration, we request a non-refundable deposit of €100 for the Coach Course to secure your space. The remainder of the course fee will be paid on the morning of the first day of the course. To see our prices, please view our Pricing page.
Please feel free to contact us! We are happy to answer any questions you may have and/or to set up a course of your own!Contact us